- Greets and promptly welcomes all patients and visitors and maintains a positive atmosphere.
- Schedules and confirms appointments.
- Explains financial requirements, and can verify insurance.
- Is able to collect payment or copay, balance cash drawers and return change.
- Learns and operates within the practice medical software.
- Interacts with patients & ensures all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Comforts patients by anticipating their anxieties and answering patients’ questions.
- Assists in moving patients through the practice including moving patients into and out of exam rooms.
- Keeps reception, waiting facilities, and breakroom areas clean, stocked and organized.
- Strictly adheres to the privacy policies listed by the organization and informs patients of their privacy rights.
- Opens and closes the facility.
- Maintains office security by following safety protocols.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Must routinely demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Have basic knowledge of medical terminology and organization services.
- Be physically able to regularly change sitting, standing, walking positions to perform front office duties.
- Operate standard office equipment including computers, telephones, printers, copiers, etc.
- Have adequate hearing to answer phone and speak with patients.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must be organized, show attention to details, and display an ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Show proficiency in basic computer commands and functions including data entry and responding to emails using proper grammar.
- Be neatly groomed and maintain a professional appearance.
- The ability to respond and treat every customer with dignity, honesty and cheerfulness.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: at least 1 year medical office preferred
- License: Driver’s License
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus