- Greets and guides patients to the exam room in a friendly and timely manner.
- Takes patient’s history (HPI), determines chief complaint, verifies medical histories, current medications, vitals, etc.
- Responsible for documenting information & reviewing medical record via the EHR.
- Strictly adheres to the privacy policies listed by the organization and informs patients of their privacy rights.
- Responds to patient communications and questions knowledgeably with patience, understanding and dignity.
- Contacts patients regarding test results and schedules further treatment(s).
- Gives injections, assists with examinations and office procedures as needed.
- Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam/treatment rooms daily, and sterilizes all necessary instruments.
- Orders supplies when necessary.
- Verifies that all assigned telephone encounters have been attended to daily.
- Assist with sending prescription refill requests per protocol.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory requirements by following policies and procedures and reporting changes as needed in accordance to Federal and State regulations, OSHA, HIPPA, etc.
- Must routinely demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Have basic knowledge of medical terminology and organization services.
- Be physically able to regularly change sitting, standing, walking positions to perform duties.
- Operate standard office equipment including computers, telephones, printers, copiers, etc.
- Have adequate hearing to answer the phone and speak with patients.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must be organized, show attention to details, and display an ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Show proficiency in basic computer commands and functions including data entry and responding to emails using proper grammar.
- Be neatly groomed and maintain a professional appearance.
- Must respond and treat every patient with dignity, honesty and cheerfulness.
- Education: Graduation from an approved Medical Assistant program required.
- Licensure: Valid NC Driver License required.
- Certification: Current Medical Assistant Certification required.
- Current BLS certification AHA preferred