Licensed Practical Nurse
- Greets and guides patients to the exam room in a friendly and timely manner.
- Takes patient’s history (HPI), determines chief complaint, verifies medical histories, current medications, vitals, etc.
- Responsible for documenting information & reviewing medical record via the EHR.
- Strictly adheres to the privacy policies listed by the organization and informs patients of their privacy rights.
- Responds to patient communications and questions knowledgeably with patience, understanding and dignity.
- Contacts patients regarding test results and schedules further treatment(s).
- Gives injections, assists with examinations and office procedures as needed.
- Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam/treatment rooms daily, and sterilizes all necessary instruments.
- Orders supplies when necessary.
- Verifies that all assigned telephone encounters have been attended to daily.
- Assist with sending prescription refill requests per protocol.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory requirements by following policies and procedures and reporting changes as needed in accordance with Federal and State regulations, OSHA, HIPPA, etc.
- Administers nebulizer breathing treatments.
- Draws blood for lab tests.
- Answers telephone triage calls and offers necessary clinical advice and guidance.
- Administers medical screening questionnaires.
- Assist medical providers with medical procedures.
- Administers oral medications ordered by providers.
- Must hold an active license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) issued by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Must routinely demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Have basic knowledge of medical terminology and organization services.
- Be physically able to regularly change sitting, standing, walking positions to perform duties.
- Operate standard office equipment including computers, telephones, printers, copiers, etc.
- Have adequate hearing to answer the phone and speak with patients.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must be organized, show attention to details, and display an ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Show proficiency in basic computer commands and functions including data entry and responding to emails using proper grammar.
- Be neatly groomed and maintain a professional appearance.
- Must respond and treat every patient with dignity, honesty, and cheerfulness.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)?
- How many years of LPN experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?